ASSUMPTION OF RISK WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
FOR PERSONS UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE, A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST AGREE TO THESE TERMS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING TO THIS ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY.
Program Name: Biddy Basketball 2024 Season
Location of Program: Saint Andrew Parish Gym, 1658 West Addison, Chicago, IL 60613
Dates of Program: January – February, 2024
In consideration for participation in Saint Andrew Biddy Basketball, I agree to the following terms for myself and/or my child:
- ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK. I assume all risks which are foreseeable and involved with or my arise out of myself and/or my child’s voluntary participation in above named Program, including, but not limited to, the risks involved with the activity itself, the negligent and/or willful and wanton acts of others, the criminal and/or intentional acts of others, the omission of an act of another, a defect or condition of the premises or the unavailability of emergency care, the risks involved with travel by train, motor vehicle, foot, or otherwise, those risk factors involved with the sport of basketball. I do not assume the risks of injuries caused by the gross negligence, or willful and wanton misconduct of any employee or agent of Saint Andrew Parish and The Catholic Bishop of Chicago, an Illinois corporation sole.
- RELEASE. I release Saint Andrew Parish, The Catholic Bishop of Chicago, an Illinois corporation sole, and all of its directors, trustees, officers, employees, servants, volunteers, and agents not to initiate litigation on account of or in connection with any claims, causes of action, injuries, illnesses, damages, and/or cost of expenses arising out of the activities involved in my or my child’s voluntary participation in the above-noted Program, including but not limited to, the risks involved with the sport of basketball, including those claims, causes of action, injuries, illnesses, damages, and/or cost or expenses, based on death, bodily injury, or property damage whether or not caused by the negligence or other fault of the parties being released.
- WAIVER. I waive the protection afforded by any statute or law in any jurisdiction whose purpose, substance, cause and/or effect is to provide that a general release shall not extend to claims, material or otherwise, which the person giving the release does not know or suspect exist at the time of executing this release. This means, in part, that I release unknown future claims.
- INDEMNITY AND DEFENSE. I agree to indemnify and defend Saint Andrew Parish, The Catholic Bishop of Chicago, an Illinois corporation sole, and all of its directors, trustees, officers, employees, servants, volunteers, and agents (hereinafter jointly referred to as “indemnitee”) against, and hold them harmless from, any and all claims, causes of action, damages to or destruction of any property of the indemnitee or any others, injury or death that may result to my child, or anyone else.
- REPRESENTATIVES. I enter into this agreement for myself, my spouse, my heirs, assigns, and legal representatives.
- INSURANCE. I understand that Saint Andrew Parish does not carry insurance to cover any possible losses that I may incur as a result of my, or my child’s, participation in the above-noted Program. I and my child are encouraged to undergo a medical physical exam and purchase health insurance prior to any and all participation that will be effective in both the inside and outside of The United States of America, including, but not limited to, those foreign countries the undersigned, or their children, will visit during the Program.
- MEDICAL CARE. I understand and agree that Saint Andrew Parish may not be able to provide medical personnel at all times. I hereby give my consent to an employee, faculty or staff member, a fellow participant and/or student, an adult supervisor, emergency medical personnel, and/or a Doctor of Medicine or dentistry or associated personnel to provide me or my child with medical assistance and/or treatment in the event of an emergency. I also agree to allow Saint Andrew Parish to share and and all medical information about me with any party called to assist in my care. Finally, I agree to save and hold harmless and indemnify Saint Andrew Parish from all liability, loss, cost, claim, lawsuit, or damage, whatsoever, including injury, death, or property damage, which may be imposed upon Saint Andrew Parish because of any defect in or lack of such capacity to so act or cause, or alleged to be caused, in whole, or in part, by the negligence of he released parties.
- The protections provided by this Agreement only enhance those protections already in place provided by the laws of Illinois.
- SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement is prohibited, invalidated, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that provision will, as to that jurisdiction, be ineffective to the extent of the prohibition, invalidity or unenforceablity without invalidating the remaining provisions of this Agreement or affecting the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction, unless it materially alters the nature or material terms of this Agreement.
- ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS AGREEMENT AND I REALIZE IT RELATES TO SURRENDERING AND RELEASING VALUABLE LEGAL RIGHTS AND I DO SO FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY. MOREOVER, I UNDERSTAND THAT MY PARTICIPATION, AND/OR MY CHILD’S PARTICIPATION, IN THE ABOVE-NOTED PROGRAM IS VOLUNTARY.